- Visitors to our website
- People who use our services
- JudicateMe consultants (Our team)
- Current employees
- Personal information that we collect and methods of collection.
- Purpose of collecting personal information.
- Measures taken by us to ensure safety and privacy of your personal information
- Ways by which you can access and change your personal data
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT?
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to uniquely identify a person. We may collect your personal information as required under laws and regulations and when you are a recipient of our services, apply for a position with us, or are employed or retained by us. The information we collect about you will depend on your relationship with us. We may also collect your personal data from other sources, including sources in the public domain. The information we may collect are as follows:
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. They can download the Author’s paper for their personal use but JudicateMe will have its own copyright over the paper
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
Unless required by applicable data protection regulation, JudicateMe will not disclose, use, give or distribute any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to those third parties that need to know, and such need to know is necessary for delivery of services in relation to your engagement or employment with us.
We may disclose personal information to third parties where:
- You have consented to us sharing your personal information in this way.
- We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, in order to comply with applicable laws) or to protect the rights and interests, property, or safety of JudicateMe, our clients or others.
- It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our clients, your employer or place of business, and your professional advisers.
- We use a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing, for example archival, auditing, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial and business consulting), technology, website, research, banking, payment, client contact, data processing, insurance, forensic, litigation support, and security services.
Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information may be located outside your country or the country from which the personal information was provided. While such third parties will often be subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations, you accept that, where lawful, such obligations may differ from and be less stringent than the requirements of the privacy laws of the jurisdiction of origin.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
JudicateMe is committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take all appropriate, industry standard security measures possible to protect your information against misuse, unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the following rights with regard to your Personal Information:
- You may request the removal of your personal information from JudicateMe’s systems at any time by emailing the address provided below. If a request for removal is made, we will exercise all reasonable efforts to promptly remove your personal information. However, we do no guarantee the permanent removal of your personal information, which may, for example, remain in archival or backup copies. JudicateMe employees, interns and consultants should note that such a request may impact your employment or engagement with JudicateMe.
STATUS OF THIS POLICY